Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas tidbits


I can't believe that there are only TWO days left until Christmas and this is the first post I have done about it! It was not my intention to skip a couple of months of blogging in order to live my life but unfortunately that is what has happened. If only I had a quarter for every time I heard this expression but it really is true..."There is not enough time in the day."

We had a lot of fun decorating the tree this year as it was the first time Arielle really participated and I even got a little creative by tying ribbon to glass ornament balls and hooking them over the kitchen window. It was a quick, easy and inexpensive way to decorate for the holidays! Even so, Arielle keeps asking me when we are going to decorate for Christmas...I don't think what we have done is extravegant enough for her. We have already had our share of cookie decorating parties also, an event that Arielle enjoys solely so she can eat the very sugary, toppings!

Arielle has been counting the days down to Christmas on her My Little Pony Advent Calendar {which was a last minute decision since I didn't have enough time to sew one up myself which I intend to do for next year}. She has done well in understanding the countdown and when another day has passed us by so if nothing else it has taught her that but I think it has also taught her some patience too!

This year when we visited Santa at the mall, Arielle wasn't afraid of him but she played shy so Mommy had to sit next to him too. She told him she wants a digital camera so she can take her own pictures and the camera that she wants has to have stars on it {like the one she saw in a catalogue}. I love that the number one thing on her list this year isn't actually a toy...I never would have imagined that. Arielle was also lucky enough to meet Santa again at the May family's annual Cookie Party and this time she wasn't so shy nor did she forget to tell him that she wants a digital camera for Christmas!

Oh and I am happy to report that I finally schedule Arielle's Christmas portraits to be taken the first week in January...like I always say, "Better late than never."
~Momma to Bug~

No comments: