Monday, January 18, 2010

A letter to my blog

Dear Blog,

Please don't be mad at me for not updating you lately. I wish there were more time in the day {week} {month} so that I could write to you. If there were more time I could tell you all of the exciting things that have happened to us in the past few weeks. To start with, I would have to mention the last two weeks in December when cousin Theresa stayed with us and was so much help at such a busy time of year. I would tell you about the time that she stayed with the girls while Zak and I got to stay at a fancy hotel downtown for the annual work Christmas party and another time when she and Arielle built a snow-woman after we got several inches of snow just before Christmas! I wouldn't forget to mention Christmas Day and how nice that turned out to be. We took family pictures around the tree; in fact we took lots of pictures that I am dying to share with you.



Next I would tell you about how Averi turned {two} three months old and has stolen my heart! Oh and I can't forget about the time when she went from sleeping 7-9 hours at night back down to waking up every 3 hours and that is what she has been doing ever since. It couldn't have been better timing since I had to go back to work full time on December 28th. Now that I think about it, this coincided with when she got another cold one week after starting daycare. This time it was worse then before so I took her to urgent care only to find out her temperature was 102 degrees {apparently I wasn't using my thermometer correctly}. The poor little thing had bronchiolitis and an ear infection.

And since I'm writing a letter to you now, I thought I would let you know that Arielle went skiing today for the first time in over a year. I didn't get to go but Zak texted me and said I wouldn't believe how well she was doing skiing by herself down the beginners slope. He even sent me this cute picture of her and friend Olivia. Don't they look cute? He is going to show me a couple videos that he took and maybe I can post those too!

There has even been some decorating that I would have mentioned such as the new curtains that I hung in the living room. It took me over three years but I finally bought them and hung them up. Boy do I love them! This inspired me to purchase a new console table which I can't wait to accessorize but first I have to find a new home for the pack and play that Averi has grown very fond of...that could be a challenge. Plus we rearranged the furniture in our study and it looks like a whole new room with a lot more space on the floor and on the walls. I'm still trying to figure out how to fill it up. Lastly, I got myself this gallery frame for Christmas. Can't wait to {order pictures} put pictures in it and hang it up on the wall!

Alas, being a full time working mother of to two little ones has really chewed up my free time and creativity. Hopefully I can adjust to this new way of living and find time in the {near} future to let you, my dearest blog, back into my life.

Sincerely,



~Momma to Bug~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog with nice pictures. Glad to see that you had a great time on Christmas. Like the header image of your blog and your family. Ihampers.co.uk