Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A little of this and a lot of that

Sadly I haven't had a lot of time for fun projects lately. I don't think I've been to a thrift store in over a month either. I have managed to squeeze in a tablescape on my newer console table and another chalkboard makeover.


You may remember this post about the challenges I am facing with decorating my console table that sits next to our huge entertainment center in our living room. I hadn't done a thing with it until last week when I redecorated my mantel {you can see that post here}. I decided to use the accessories that were previously on my mantel until I can find some time to shop for new ones. I also purchased six eyelot tote bins from Bed Bath and Beyond so I could have lots of storage. I love the bins but i think having six of them might be a bit too much. However, having two young kids the storage comes in so handy so I probably won't be changing them out any time soon.





I love the gallery picture frame from Red Envelope that I have hanging about the table but it doesn't look as good without pictures in it! Maybe I'll have time to do that this weekend.




Here is my latest chalkboard makeover. I know I have been doing a lot of these lately but I couldn't help myself from finishing off a can of chalkboard paint that I had leftover from other projects. I had this great frame sitting around that was black but I spray painted it with glossy white. I have it hanging near the door to our garage so we can leave messages. This will be very helpful in the mornings when we are rushing out the door to school and work!



~Momma to Bug n' Bear~

2 comments:

Tisha said...

i love that you hung the franes with no pictures. :)

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

I love your chalkboard frame! I wish I could hang those in every room of my house...but it might get a little weird.

That frame has some great details!