Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer {Mantel} Makeover

I finally got around to brightening up my mantel for the summertime! I've mentioned before that my living room feels very dark primarily because of the dark colored, large pieces of furniture. While I really like the brown accent color around the fireplace it also adds to the darkness of the room so because of this I brought in some lighter accessories. I am really liking the new accessories and have something in mind for changing up my Letter "M" Project a little bit to brighten it up as well.

Here is the mantel before I redecorated it:



Here is the mantel after I brightened it up a bit:



I borrowed a couple of the accessories from other rooms of the house and also incorporated some of my new thrift store goodies. The tall, twisty candlesticks were recent purchases from Home Goods and I think they look give a lot of balance and height to the mantel.

All Linked Up:

The Shabby Chic Cottage...Transformation Thursdays

Just A Girl...Show and Share Day

The Shabby Nest...Frugal Friday


~Momma to Bug n' Bear~

4 comments:

House of Smiths said...

Ooo! I love all the lighter accents! So cute!
Those candle sticks are awesome!

~Shelley

Decorchick! said...

Looks beautiful!! I love the lighter accessories! :)

Tisha said...

wow, what a difference a few accessory changes makes! looks great!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

I'm in love with your candlesticks! They are just perfect for your mantle. And LOVE the "M" too. :)