Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dissapearing words and warning signs!

I love how the 4 year old minds work...if only I could peek inside and see the wheels spinning! Last night Arielle was reading the label on her kids mouthwash bottle {she reads everything in sight these days} and she asked me "When it gets old will the new go away?". I had absolutely NO IDEA what she was talking about so I said "What?" like three times before I finally understood what she was getting at with her question. The label on the mouthwash bottle had the word "NEW" on it so she thought that once the bottle got old that the word would disappear! I then tried to explain why the word was on the label in the first place and the only way that it could "go away" but sort of gave up because it was rather difficult for her to understand. Plus she got distracted by the fact that the label was removable and all she could think about was getting it off so she could have a new sticker!



A few days ago she also asked me why there was a sign that said "BEWARE OF DOG" on somebodys fence. It wasn't hard to explain why but this came just days after she asked me if burglars are real or pretend {just in books}. I had to lie about this one and there is a good reason for this. When I was a child I had a reoccuring nightmare about somebody breaking into our house. I didn't want this to happen to her. Do you blame me?


~Momma to Bug n'Bear~

No comments: