Sunday, June 20, 2010

Free {Tray} Makeover & Asiatic Lillies

I found this wooden tray in a pile of free stuff that somebody had after their yard sale. After a good sanding down and three coats of my good old standby spray paint {Rustoleum Heirloom White} it looks brand new. The Asiatic Lillies came from my garden. Arielle tried to pick one and ending up breaking all of them off the stem. They look better in this glass pot that I got from Goodwill so it was a happy accident!


BEFORE {after removing sports embellishments and sanding}:


AFTER:


I'm thinking about turning it into a craft tray for Arielle using buckets from Target dollar section or reusing miscellaneous containers. I have seen some cute homemade labels in blogland that I can easily replicate. Perhaps a little stenciling and girly embellishment on the sides would complete this free wooden tray makeover. Stay tuned!
All Linked Up:
The Shabby Nest...Frugal Friday
~Momma to Bug n' Bear~

3 comments:

Carry Grace said...

Trays are great for all kinds of stuff. Especially free ones. I'm on the hunt for one to use in my living room on my ottomans.

House of Smiths said...

Ooo! That turned out SO cute! And FREE!? You go girl!

Shelley

~Mommy+Me~ said...

Cute! :) Those flowers are beautiful! :)