Saturday, June 14, 2008

The chicken or the egg?

Being a full-time working mommy has really started to take a toll on me especially since Arielle is so active and knowledgable. For her it is just go, go, go and all I can think about when I get home from work and on the weekends is rest, rest, rest. Not only that but her little temper is tiring me out even more so then her restlessness. I am happy to report that as of next week I will be "working from home" for two half-days a week. Maybe this is the change that I need right now to get back my strength, motivation and desire...and maybe it is the change that Arielle needs to get back her mommy-the way I used to be.

I have to admit, parenting has gotten so difficult for me lately that I don't feel as though I have the strength, motivation or desire to try hard anymore. Or is it that I feel as though I don't have the strength, motivation or desire to try hard anymore that parenting has gotten difficult? I have really started questioning this over and over again. I try going backwards in my head from the beginning of my motherhood hoping to find the answer but it is still not clear to me. The truth is that parenting has never been easy for me but I have never lost hope and I never will because I know that Arielle is counting on me. I may not ever find the answer to this conundrum but I do know for sure that I wouldn't trade my mommy card for anything else in the world because after all, my daughter is my world.

"The phrase "working mother" is redundant."- Jane Sellman

No comments: