Using a shower curtain is the easiest way to make pillow slipcovers because you can use the finished edges so you only have one sewing step in the entire process. Not to mention that shower curtains are generally inexpensive (I bought this one on clearance at Target for $7.50), they are usually made out of very soft cotton which is important since you are going to be laying on them and you can make a lot of slipcovers out of them because they are big!
Here is my tutorial for these E-A-S-Y pillow slipcovers made from a shower curtain:
1. Measure your pillow insert from end to end.
2. Cut one large square that is the size of your pillow insert plus 1.5" (add an additional inch to this if your pillow is 24" or larger). Also, cut two rectangles that are the same length as the square but half as wide plus 3". For example, if your pillow insert is 24" (this is the size of my floor pillow) then your square should be 26.5" and the two rectangles should be 16.25" each.
3. Place your square down with the right side up and place the rectangles on top of it with the right side down (so it is inside out). Line up all sides of the square and the rectangles; you'll have an overlap of the rectangles as pictured below. This is where you'll insert your pillow into the slipcover!
4. Pin every 4 inches on all sides.
5. Sew a quarter inch seam around the edges.
6. Flip your slipcover so it is no longer inside out and try it on!
Enjoy your new pillows!
All linked up:
DIY Day with Color Incorporated...A Soft Place to Land
~Momma to Bug n' Bear~