Monday, September 8, 2008

Leaving Blankie behind...

Arielle has made so much progress in the past two weeks. She has officially "detached" herself from Blankie, thereby decreasing the amount of time spent thumb sucking to practically never! No more carrying blankie from room to room and turning around to go back for it when we leave the house. As of this morning, the only place we had to take it with us was to school for naptime but that all is about to change...
Today when I picked Arielle up at daycare, her teacher informed me that we needed to start bringing a blanket to school that she could leave there and not take home every day {my heart stopped beating at the very thought of this}. "She needs blankie to go to sleep." Did I really just say that out loud? Yes, and as soon as I said it I knew how silly it sounded. Fortunately Arielle chimed in and announced that she was going to pick a different blanket to bring to school and leave the yellow blankie at home in her bed FOREVER! When we got home I opened up the big container of baby blankets and Arielle picked a new one for school that we will take on Wednesday and leave there. I still keep wondering if this is really happening to me because it feels like a dream. Really, it's too good to be true!

No comments: