Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bird Themed Nursery


This weekend we went to Pottery Barn Kids in the hopes of finding some baby crib bedding ideas. I am so glad we went because I found the cutest bedding. It's the Penelope collection and features patchwork birds on a white, green and pink multi-fabric background. It has polka dots, stripes, solids and the birds are as cute as can be! Of course this collection was not on sale and I am not paying full price so when we got home I immediately searched ebay. It turns out that this collection is somewhat hard to find, so the sellers on ebay claim, and the stuff is selling for loads of money {as much as you would pay at PBK or more}. I was a little dissapointed with the prices being so high but not too worried since we still have plenty of time before we need to buy it. However, my wandering mind led me to craigslist and good thing it did because I found a gently used, complete set for $85!!! This set includes the quilt, bumper, 2 fitted sheets, bed skirt and pillow sham. We are going to pick it up on Tuesday so then I can decide what color paint to put on the walls. It'll probably end up being a shade of light green.


Photos courtesy of www.Pottery Barn Kids.com


~Momma to Bug~

2 comments:

~Mommy+Me~ said...

Cute! It was meant to be, huh?
I think a real pale, subtle green would be cute with that bedding. OR....what if you did two colors like real pale green on the bottom, light pink on the top with the white trim to divide it?? That could be cute.

Carry Grace said...

Congratulations on another girl!

I really like that bedding, I'm glad you found such a great deal.