Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My little reader

Arielle has quite a knack for "reading" books. Tonight she recited the entire Barbie "Mermaidia" book almost word for word and this is not the first time that she has amazed us with her talent. First it started out with the short baby books that she would read along with us then one day before the age of two, she recited the Dr. Suess "ABC" book. A few months later she rattled off the Golden Books version of "Aladdin" which we promptly videotaped. We can't get over how well she has memorized her favorite books and how easy she makes it look.

Something Arielle said to me the other day has stuck in my mind. She was eating a chocolate chip quaker granola bar and was crumbling it into pieces. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I'm just picking the chocolate chips along the way!" She was as happy as can be when she said it too. It reminded me that I should really stop to smell the roses along the way (so to speak). Chocolate, roses...if you think about it their not entirely different from one another! Such words of wisdom from my little Bug!

No comments: