Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sleeping Standing Up

Yesterday Arielle did not take more than a half hour nap and boy was she tired by the end of the day. So much so that when I opened her bedroom door a couple hours after she went to sleep, I found her standing up with her feet on the floor and her head on her bed. She was actually sleeping like this, no joke! It was a little freightening at first and somewhat disturbing but I was really wishing that I could have taken a picture. I thought about calling Zak up to witness it but then decided to quickly move her into the correct sleeping position before all the blood rushed down to her ankles. When I moved her into her bed she just looked around for a moment and went right back to sleep.

We have tried to speculate on why she fell asleep like this. One theory is that she got out of bed to get something and just fell asleep before she could get back in to lie down. Another theory is that she fell out of bed and landed in this position. We think this could have happened because we had just rearranged her room that day to where the bed wasn't up agains the wall and we know she liked to sleep in the crack between the wall and the bed. Whatever the reason is, I still can't believe that she fell asleep standing up!

No comments: