Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Mantra

Arielle taught me a new song yesterday. She told me, remember:

"You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"

Even though this made me laugh hysterically, what she said really stuck with me and I can't get it out of my mind today. I used to tell her, "We can't always get what we want" but that just wasn't catchy enough and perhaps she never fully understood it. So I want to thank Arielle's teachers for coming up with such a good mantra for me to use from now on!

While we are on the subject, how is it possible that my sweet little three year old daughter can drive me over the edge of insanity in just the blink of an eye? I long for the days when I can get her to do something without bribes and/or threats. And can't I just for once sit down at the dinner table to eat my meal without having to get up two or three times and have to eat my food cold? Is it too much to ask for me to get out the door to go somewhere without having a hundred things to remember and have to go back in the house for something?

I'm not throwing a fit or anything but I'm just wondring if my life will ever be "sane" again...

No comments: