Saturday, April 26, 2008

Favorite Part of the Day

In the past couple of weeks I have spent more time with Arielle than usual since my mom was sick in the hospital. In this time that I have spent away from work, Arielle and I have shared many hugs and kisses as well stories and personal likings. We have invented a new game to play while I am in the shower. I ask Arielle all about her favorite things. Some of her answers just astound me. One of the questions was, "What is your favorite part of the day"? Her response: School Days!

Lately it seems as though Arielle has reached a higher level of maturity which has really turned my world around. I know I am probably jumping to conclusions and assuming that this new change is forever but I have been so happy (and more calm) recently with her new found sense of confidence and self-control. Has the terrible two phase not leaped into the terrible three's that I have been hearing about and dreading? If so, YIPPEEEE (this is one of Arielle's favorite words)!

Last night Arielle said, "I'm done throwing my tantram" after I put her in time out for telling me no to almost everything I asked her to do. That was hilarious! She just stopped in mid-cry and said this to me. She even took it well when I reminded her that she lost one of her bedtime stories...unbelievable! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up :-)

No comments: