Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

When I told Arielle that it was Daddy's birthday this morning she said, "It is?" and without hesitation she dropped her blankey, stopped watching her show and ran over to gave him a great big hug! It was so sweet and genuine and I'm glad I was there to witness it. Then when Zak told her he had to go to work she said, "But it's your birthday." I just have to wonder in amazement at how someone her age can even understand what a birthday really is and be able to capture the emotion that goes with it. To her, naps are bedtime and bedtime is really just a nap and everything she talks about happened today or yesterday so she doesn't really have a concept of time. I digress...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY...WE LOVE YOU!

Arielle has been a long roll of cuteness for the past few days, it just makes me sad that I don't always have a pen handy to write down all the cute things she says and a camera or video recorder for all the cute things she does. Like this morning when she said, "Mom, do you know who my friend at school is?" I said, who and she said, "Sawyer". But it's not what she said that was so cute it was how she got really shy and put her hands behind her back when she said it...like it was a big secret that was now out of the bag. Then today when I picked her up from school, one little friend told me, "Watch what I can do!" then he rolled around on his hands and knees. Before he could finish five other little friends, including Arielle herself, said and did the same thing all at the same time. They were like little baby birds in the nest all trying to get the worm from their mama. I didn't know what to say and even if I did say something none of them would have heard me because they were all talking at once. Where was the teacher? To make things even better, Arielle gave out hugs and kisses to many of her friends before we left. On the way home she told me that she gave Kayla and Alexa kisses on the cheeks and she gave Anthony a kiss on the lips. I had to explain to her that we should only kiss our friends on the cheeks, not on the lips. She just said, "But why?" I was waiting for her to ask why Daddy & I kissed on the lips but she didn't. Phew...I'm not ready to explain the birds and the bees to her just yet.

No comments: