Thursday, April 10, 2008

Acceptance


Arielle did not cry today when I dropped her off at school in her new classroom. This makes me wonder if she has accepted this change in her life. If that is not the case I will totally understand and support her feelings of insecurity. I am so proud of Arielle either way.
This morning when Arielle cried for her Lion Cup (which was dirty) I remained calm and patient in keeping up with my new perspective on life. I let her cry it out, didn't cave in and tried to distract her. I did not raise my voice and criticize her for acting jeuvinille because let's face it, she is a pre-schooler. To my surprise and relief, IT WORKED!!! I am proud of myself too and will strive to react this way for each and every day for the rest of our lives.
I love this picture of her...it seems as if she has the world on her shoulders but at the same time she is so calm and peaceful. I can only imagine what she was thinking about as I captured this moment. If I had one guess I would say she was trying to figure out which Princess she was going to pretend to be next. If only she knew that she doesn't have to pretend to be another princess because she already is one.

No comments: