Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Realization

Tonight I feel sad and can't even believe how much I complain about Arielle's behavior. It is so normal for a two/three year old...why can't I see that when I am in the moment. Why do I have to realize that after I raise my voice at my daughter and hear her say, "I don't like when you yell at me." I have read a blog tonight that I think (hope) will change my perspective on things. Life is so fragile, you can be here one day and gone the next. I don't want to have any regrets before I go to bed so I will start a new way of thinking tomorrow and cherish EVERY moment. I went into Arielle's room tonight to watch her sleep which was probably only the third time in her whole life that I have done that and the other times were because she was sick. I wanted to wake her up and tell her that I love her even though I already did before she went to bed. And I'll always remember what she said to me just before I hugged her..."Mommy, I miss you." She knew I was sad and mad and acting selfish tonight but I think that was her way of saying that she forgave me for not feeling like reading her a bedtime story because I was angry that she was doddling at bedtime.

No comments: