Thursday, April 17, 2008

Close Call

This morning Lexi woke us up at 4:45 am with a howling cry, not just her usual whimpering. At first I tried to ignore her because we're trying to let her "cry it out" so we don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn every day. However, she was relentless and I worried about Arielle waking up too early so I went down to let her out of the box. I was shocked and scared to realize that our sliding glass door was open about six inches! This must have been why Lexi was howling because her box is right next to the door and the poor little thing was probably cold. Well, at first I feared the worst...had Arielle had gotten outside and it snowed overnight...was there was somebody in the house...I could not think straight and my stomach was in knots. I let the dogs out and ran upstairs to check on Arielle...THANKFULLY she was asleep in bed and tucked in safe and sound. Even though I thought I remembered setting the alarm last night, I must have forgotten to do it and accidentally left the door open when I put Lexi in her box. Zak had gone to bed earlier than usual and let me sleep on the couch because he knows how much I enjoy doing this occassionally. Wow, talk about a close call...I still can't believe I did that. Needless to say, I am counting all of my blessings today.

No comments: