Thursday, April 24, 2008

Security

Last night I went to bed after Zak and forgot to set the alarm. Instead of remembering this at ten thirty pm as I laid down, it came to me at two thirty am and I was instantly awake with fear. My mind was wondering through the worst possible scenarios that could have happened in the past four hours since I had fallen asleep and forgotten to set the alarm. Even worse, we have been sleeping with our door completely shut since we brought the puppy's crate into our bedroom. I had to fight back the urge to check on Arielle {does this make me a bad parent?} because I didn't want to wake the puppy up in the middle of the night. My daughter is obviously more important than the puppy but for some reason I was able to convince myself that Arielle was still sleeping safe and sound in her bedroom and not roaming the house or even worse, outside. We have gone many, many nights without setting the alarm and I have never worried before so why all of the sudden was I freaked out? Probably has something to do with leaving the backdoor open last week and the feeling that came over me when I realized it had been open all night. In any case, I think the $35 a month that we pay for our security alarm is well worth it now if only I can remember to set it.

No comments: